Island Ford Trail: Metro Atlanta’s beautiful river trail along the shores and hills of the Chattahoochee River.
Trail Length: 3.1 miles
Type of Trail: Loop; easy, partly uphill
Characteristics: Mostly shaded, compact soil hiking trail with views of the Chattahoochee River and some rugged climbs. Restrooms and picnic tables available. The Island Ford Visitor Contact Station at Island Ford is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. except December 25th. There are three separate parking lots with interconnecting trails.
Planing your visit:
- Address: 1978 Island Ford Parkway, Sandy Springs, Georgia 30350
- Website @IslandFordVisitorCenter
- Download Ford Trail Map; Island Ford South Map
- Checklist of Island Ford’s Reptiles & Amphibians
- Checklist of island Ford’s Birds